Thursday, December 4, 2008

Photography

I love taking pictures in and around my community - it's not a very big place, but I sure am proud of it. Lots of lovely 'hidden' places, fields, lakes, swamps and all sorts of beautiful images.
I recently entered a picture of our newest water tower, with a beautiful sunset in the background, in a statewide contest geared towards communities. I received a notice yesterday that my photograph won second place. I'm very happy about it, because it was one of those shots that just presented itself. I wasn't even thinking about photography- I had headed out the door to pick my daughter up from band practice, and when I saw the sky across the road, I went back in and got my camera.
My picture will be on the cover of the February issue of the organization's magazine.

No comments: