Thursday, December 11, 2008

Marketing Your Business

How 'linked' are you to related businesses in your area? Do you cross-market with them, to help each of you grow your business? I know this has been covered time and again, but it's still worth discussing.
As a photographer, I want to expand my business into weddings and events. One way I plan to do this is to market myself to the local florists and caterers. I'll approach one or two from each category and request a partnership with them. When I'm contacted to shoot a wedding, I'll suggest my partners as my preferred vendors, and my partners will do the same for me. I hope to also work up packages with my partners, so our clients can get a discount by using all of us together.
While it will build our business base, it will also raise us from the level of vendor to trusted professionals.
What businesses can you partner with to build your business?

No comments: